Tuesday, April 26, 2011

tauranga, new zealand: a very ideal "jojo-city" if i must say.

IMG_6275
IMG_6186
IMG_3995

new zealand's given Maori name is "Aoteaoa- the land of the long white cloud." ... not that i could literally ever be on a white cloud, but i reckon if i could imagine myself being on one, i think i would have the same feeling of when i was in new zealand for my holiday ... amazing, breath-taking, refreshing, and it was just darn beautiful... hands down, one of my most favourite places on earth that i love love love.... (did i mention LOVE?). i was only there for a week but i realized tauranga is like a little wrapped up beach-culture-country-side-cute-cafe city... a very ideal 'jojo-city' if i must say... it was great reuniting with old friends and making some new ones too and to top it all off- these photos above are taken on one of my every day walks where i was staying in 'Gideons Fields' which was incredible.

but i must mention that i went to new zealand mainly to photograph my friends, lauren and sefo's wedding. i met them back on the ship tour last year and was great seeing them again... but just our luck, it rained on the Big Day which was a challenge but it was alright... theyre islanders! ... no worries- it didn't phase them. :) we ended up getting some great shots either way and ended up being such a sweet simple wedding...

IMG_7619
IMG_7037

3 comments:

Katherine Wilson said...

Joanna! Its Pez...you are an exceptional photographer...I continue to be amazed...hey I wanted to ask a big favour..I am organising a high tea for the flood victims in the lockyear valley and I don't have any sweet design programs to use to make a welcome sign...can I use yours from Sarah's? Obviously without the Sarah...I know its a big ask for an artist such as yourself but I'm desperate so I thought I'd ask...no pressure :) much love and hand holding

Katherine Wilson said...

Hah

Well, this was the only was I could contact you...since I don't really use facebook etc and didn't know your email. Can you send it to pezmio@gmail.com? That would be sweet! Thanks heaps :)

rebekah said...

you blogged! i love it. i love you.