Sunday, March 28, 2010

Port 4: Geelong, Victoria

After that wonderful sail that I wrote about, we find ourselves in the state of Victoria! ... Geelong is on the bottom of Australia and its getting colder as we head not only down south, but into the winter season as well. What I've seen of Geelong, i like. I got to cruise around my bike and found the most awesome footpath that took me along the oceanfront. i found good coffee, good culture and good people.
One thing I get to do as a 'photographer' is to to go Civic Receptions of each city. It sounds so snazzy but its basically, and usually, a formal welcome from the mayor and respresentatives from the city council to tell us that they are behind our cause and we have their support. The support we have from the mayors and city councils is a huge statement. People see the good in what we are doing. Regardless of their faith in God or not, the message that there is value in life is loud and clear and is non-negotiable. this is once again, God's heart for each sphere of society to be influenced....

No comments: